To be eligible you must:
- Be able to address a priority area
- Dementia care
- Rehabilitation, reablement & restorative care
- Mental health & wellbing
- Social isolation
- Urgent & critical need
- Be a consortium consisting of at least:
- One aged care service provider in partnership with a consumer representative; and
- One research organisation (either a university, a publicly funded research organisation, or an organisation that has a research focus).
- Have a Lead Organisation that takes on research compliance and commercial responsibilities as stated in the Grant Agreement. The Lead Organisation must:
- Be incorporated in Australia with an active ABN; and
- Be registered for GST.
Note that an organisation can only be the Lead Organisation in one application per round but can join as a participating organisation in multiple applications. Also, if appropriate, or if the capability does not exist, ARIIA can provide commercialisation support services at a cost to the consortium. If one or more Participating Organisation/s are located outside Australia, then the Project costs must be expended in Australia (unless approved by ARIIA in writing) and the application must articulate the benefits of the Project to Australia.
- Articulate that the project has the potential in Growth and/or Translational Research outcomes. These projects will support/enhance workforce capability and/or improve care delivery and care outcomes for residents and clients.
- Growth projects are those that will increase capacity to adopt products and technologies for aged care delivery.
- Translational Research projects are those that focus on the adoption and implementation of existing research evidence in an aged care setting
The translation may be from existing aged care evidence, or evidence from another setting, population, or industry where the existing evidence supports its potential transferability to trial in the aged care sector.
Have a co-contribution of at least 20% (ex GST) that contributes towards eligible project expenditure. For example, for a $200,000 (ex GST) project, a minimum of $40,000 (ex GST) must be co-contributed and cannot be from any other grant sources.
For Projects that are greater than $200,000 (ex GST), ARIIA will only fund a maximum of $160,000 (ex GST) each. The rest must be co-contributed towards eligible project expenditure and cannot be from any other grant sources.
- Complete the Grant Application Form via SmartyGrants in its entirety including:
- Any relevant attachments; and
- All necessary signatures.